marți, 20 martie 2012

The article--exercices


Exerciţii aplicative:
1.Insert the definite article or the zero article (the, 0). Completaţi spaţiile libere cu articolul hotărât sau cu articolul zero (the, 0):
E.g.: The man you see on the other side of the street is my brother-in-law. 0…Cats are the most delicate felines.
He ran into a.…..house and shut b.……door. c…. milk is good for d……children. e….food in f…..restaurant near me is very good. Please, put g….butter, and h….eggs in i….refrigerator j…..lions are k…..wild animals. I like l….fast cars. He never uses m….books; he prefers studying at the library. Mark Twain wrote “Life on n …Mississippi”. In o…..Asia p….. elephants are used for carrying q….goods. r….man on her right is s…..English. We often travel by ş…..train. I love London by t……night. He came to his room late at ţ……night and told me he had spent u……evening at v……theatre. We had w…..breakfast very early in the morning. All x….people in y…..village go to z…..church every Sunday. With some families, dinner is zz ……biggest meal of zzz…….day.
2. Insert the indefinite article or the zero articles(a, an, or 0). Completaţi spaţiile libere cu articolul nehotărât sau cu articolul zero(a, an, sau 0):
E.g.: What a nice little girl you are! 0..Paris is wonderful this time of the year.
 He made a…mistake in his audition. Would you do me b…favor? The electric light was c.….important invention. Where there’s d.…. smoke, there’s e.….fire. Meeting you has been f.……great pleasure g.….. Glasgow is h.…city in Scotland. He is studying i.…. Law. They asked her j.….difficult question. She works as k.…. hairdresser. The lawyer gave the client l….very good piece of advice. We like to eat m….goodies. n….honesty and o….. loyalty are p.…..rare qualities. What q.…. bad weather we’re having today! She bought r.….. pink skirt and s.…..pair of shoes to match it.
3. Match the two columns. Găsiţi corespondentul corect:

1. the lion
2. a manager
3. the African elephant
4. a white-collar worker
5. a blue-collar worker
6. the adjective
7. the aisle
8. the small particles of dead  skin in the hair
9. the hen
10. the giraffe
a. is a small corridor between two rows of chairs in a plane
b. stands before the noun
c. is a member of the directing board
d. is a person who performs intellectual work
e. is a person who performs physical work
f. is a big feline
g. are called dandruff
h. has a long neck
i. lays eggs
j. has bigger ears than the Indian one
4. Underline the right article (“-“means zero article). Subliniaţi articolul correct(“0“ înseamnă articolul zero):
E.g. When we got home, a/the/0 strange woman was waiting for us. 0/The/A hat that you are wearing is very funny .
I could tell by a.a/the/0 town hall clock that I was late, so I decided to catch b.the/a/0 bus. It was c.a/the/0 beautiful day; d.a/the/0 sun was shining and there was e.a/the/0 very little wind. I turned f.the/a/0 corner and walked down g.a/the/0 Main Street. When I got there, I saw h.a/0/the car accident, but I was not curious to see who was i.0/the/a victim, so I walked away. I finally got to j.a/the/0 hospital and I was ready to begin my work, when they called me. There was k.a/0/the young woman seriously injured, and needed medical help. I rushed to l.a/0/the emergency room and I discovered that she was m.0/the/a neighbour of mine.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

Rețineți: Numai membrii acestui blog pot posta comentarii.