marți, 20 martie 2012

Communicative Functions of the language


A comunica în societate(a saluta, a face prezentări, a oferi un obiect în mod politicos, a cere permisiunea de a întrerupe o conversaţie, a face urări cu o anumită ocazie, a exprima mirarea/curiozitatea/aprobarea/indiferenţa)
Hi!/Hello!
Good morning!/afternoon!/evening!
How are you?/What’s up?
How do you do?
I’m...
My name is...
Let me introduce you to...
This is...
Help yourself with...
Have a/an...
Will you have a/an...?
Sorry yo interrupt you, but...
Excuse me, but...
May I say...?
Will you excuse me if...?
Will you allow me to say that...?
Excuse my interference, but...
May you have a/an...!
Happy...!
Long live...!
Have a nice/safe...!
Really?/Oh, no!
Good lord!/Heavens!
Well, I never...!/ Never!
That’s amazing!/extraordinary!
I don’t believe it!
Get out of here!
I find it totally surprising!/incredible!
I’d like to know what happened in the end...
I must say it came as a total surprise!
I’m sure it was...
It’s a good thing that...
Thank goodness that...
What a relief!
Al long last!
There’s no wonder that...
So, what’s new...
Not another story about...
I’m not really interested in stories about...
I’m not surprised that...
Exerciţii aplicative
Continue the following dialogues by filling the spaces with the above expressions. Continuaţi dialogurile următoare, completând spaţiile goale cu expresiile de mai sus:
Tom:........................................ I’m……………And this is..............................................................
Jane: Hi!.............................................................................................................Nice to meet you!
Tom:.....................................................................................................................................................

Secretary: Sorry to interrupt you, but this letter has just come for you. It’s urgent!
Boss:..........................................? What a surprise!
S: Well, what does it say?
B: Happy.............................................................................................................................!

Mother: Here are your final grade in school.
Son: They are not quite good.
M:........................................................................ I don’t want to hear another lie from you!
S: I didn’t have enough time to study.
M:.......................................................................................... You have been playing football all the time!

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

Rețineți: Numai membrii acestui blog pot posta comentarii.