marți, 20 martie 2012

Present Tense--exercices


1. Rewrite each sentence as a affirmative, negative, or interrogative, according to the instructions. Rescrieţi fiecare propoziţie ca afirmativă, negativă, sau interogativă, conform instrucţiunilor:
Ex. a. I visit my parents very often (negative). I don’t visit my parents very often.
b. She’s watching TV at the moment (interrogative). Is she watching TV at the moment?
c. Does he go to school every day?(affirmative)………………………………………………
d. She comes from Germany (interrogative)…………………………………………………
e. She goes to work by car (interrogative)………………………………………………………
f. We watch TV every night (negative)………………………………………………………
g. He doesn’t stay at this hotel (affirmative)…………………………………………………
h. She reads a good book (interrogative)……………………………………………………
i.They work hardly (negative)………………………………………………………………
j. He writes a letter (negative)……………………………………………………………….
k. He washes his car every week (interrogative)……………………………………………
l.Does he work here? (affirmative)……………………………………………………
m. They don’t play football (affirmative)…………………………………………………
n. I come from Africa (negative)…………………………………………………………
o. You read today’s newspaper (interrogative)…………………………………………
2. Put the verbs in the brackets into Present Simple or Present Continuous. Puneţi verbele din paranteză fie la prezentul simplu, fie la prezentul continuu:
Ex. a. She (read) at the moment- is reading .
b. (You go) to work by car? –do you go
c. I (not like milk).-don’t like
We (see) our parents every day d.…………… (You listen) to the radio now?e.……............. I (not get up) at seven o’clock every morning f.…………… Peter (talk) to Susan now g.……………… They (work) at weekends?h.……………... She (listen) to the radio in her bedroom at the moment i.……………….. They (not come) to school every day…j.…………………. (You) study now k.………………..... The children (go) to bed at eight o’clock l.………………… I’m sorry, I can’t talk to you now, I (go) out m.…………………….. (Peter and Jane work) in London at the moment? n.………………….We (go) to the beach now. o.…………………..
3. Choose the correct tense of the verbs in the brackets. Alegeţi forma correctă a verbelor din paranteză:
Ex. a. You’re very quiet. What (do you think/are you thinking about)?You are very quiet. What are you thinking about?
b. What (are you thinking/do you think) about the new centre?........................................................
c. I’m sorry, (I’m not agreeing/I don’t agree) with you……………………………………………
d. (Are you looking/do you look) for me?.........................................................................................
e. (Do you prefer/are you preferring) walking to cycling?................................................................
f. (I don’t eat/I’m not eating) chocolate ……………..…………………………………………….
g. (I hear/I’m hearing) you are leaving us………………………………………………………….
h. I’m afraid (I’m not remembering/I don’t) remember where we met…………………………
i. (Do you listen/are you listening) to the radio at the moment?........................................................
j. (I’m hating/ I hate) cold evenings………………………………………………………………
k. (I’m not looking forward/ I don’t look forward) to my holiday………………………………
4. Change the following verbs into Present Simple or Present Continuous, and insert them in the text. Some verbs can be used more than once. Daţi forma de present simplu sau de present continuu următoarelor verbe şi introduceţi-le în text. Unele verbe pot fi folosite de mai multe ori:
read, wake up, say, listen to, mean, be, do, forget, like, get, know, talk
My sister……………… a good book at the moment. At least, this ……..what she …… And I ………..that, whenever she ……..it, she really………..it. I always ……………her re-telling me the story. It……. quite fascinating for me. Now, we…………. about an interesting plot. Sometimes, we…………. the time, because we ………. so much involved in the stories we read. Most of all. we…………….imagining ourselves beautiful heroines, or spectacular rescuers, but, in the end, dad………us……… to reality.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

Rețineți: Numai membrii acestui blog pot posta comentarii.