marți, 20 martie 2012

Future Tenses--exercices


1. Write the verbs below as Future simple or Continuous. Puneţi verbele din paranteze la viitorul simplu sau continuu:
Ex. a. I (see) them ; I (tell) them what you said. I’ll be seeing them tomorrow; I’ll tell them what you said.
b. (You work) the entire evening tomorrow? Will you be working the entire evening tomorrow?
c. She (stay) in London all the weekend
………………………………………………………………………………………………………
d. She (visit) our office next week; I (ask) her then.
………………………………………………………………………………………………………
e. I (see) the sales manager at the marketing meeting on Monday and I’m sure she (give) me the figures then.
………………………………………………………………………………………………………
f. I (not be able) to lend you the car tomorrow; I (use) it all night.
………………………………………………………………………………………………………
g. Next year they (live) in Spain.
………………………………………………………………………………………………………
h. This time next week we (sit) on the beach.
………………………………………………………………………………………………………
i. The children (stay) with their grandparents for the summer holidays.
………………………………………………………………………………………………………
j. At four o’clock on Tuesday afternoon we (fly) over Paris.
………………………………………………………………………………………………………
k. What (you do) early on Monday night?
………………………………………………………………………………………………………
l. They (come) round for dinner tomorrow evening; I (show) them the photos then.
………………………………………………………………………………………………………
m. He (arrive) in London tomorrow.
………………………………………………………………………………………………………
n. We (not hear) from him for some time; he (be) in Panama.
………………………………………………………………………………………………………
o. Don’t phone them now: they (have) dinner.
............................................................................................................................................................
2. Supply the going to or present continuous for these sentences. If two answers are possible, write them both. Treceţi verbele din paranteză la forma corectă (folosiţi be going to sau prezentul continuu cu nuanţă de viitor). Dacă sunt posibile două răspunsuri, daţi-le pe amândouă:
Ex. a. We…… at home tonight(stay) we’re going to stay/we’re staying
b. Look at the sky; It………………….. …………………………………………tomorrow.(rain)
c. We …………………………………………………………….. at a restaurant tonight (eat)
d. They…………………………………………………………    to Manchester tomorrow (drive)
e. I……………………………………………………    my teeth, have a wash, and go to bed(brush)
f. Be careful with that! You ……………………………………………………………it! (break)
g. How many people…………………………………………………………………today?(arrive)
h. Hurry up! We…………………………………………………………………… the train(miss)
i. Who is………………………………………………………………………him the news?(tell)
3. Write the correct form of going to and use one of these verbs to complete the sentences. Use each verb once only. Completaţi spaţiile cu verbele următoare la forma corectă (treceţi-le la viitorul be going to). Fiecare verb se utilizează o singură dată:
finish, fall off, fail, drive, die, complain, be, rain, work, miss
Ex. Look at those clouds! It a. ……………. Look at the clouds! It’s going to rain.
Look at the sun! It b. ………………………………… hot today. Susan’s not working  very hard. I think she c. …………………………………….her exams. He’s very angry. He d. …………………..to the manager. This bus is very slow. I think we e. …………………………the train. Watch the baby! She f. ………………………..the bed! The President is very ill. I think he g. …………………………. The plan is too complicated. It (not) h. …………………………………I don’t like traveling by plane. I i. …………………………there. It’s nearly four o’clock. The lesson j. …………………….soon.
4. Write the sentences, putting the verbs into Future Simple, or Present Simple. Scrieţi următoarele propoziţii punând verbele fie la viitorul simplu, fie la prezentul simplu:
Ex. a. I (give) it to them when they (visit) us. I’ll give it to them when they visit us.
b. When they (find out) about this, there (be) trouble……………………………………………
c. As soon as I (hear) the results, I (let) you know………………………………………………
d. You probably (not like) him when you (meet) him……………………………………………
e. When she (hear) this, she (be) very pleased……………………………………………………
f. I (talk) to you when the game (be) over…………………………………………………………
g. You (be) very surprised when you (meet) him…………………………………………………
h. He (not do) anything before you (tell) him to……………………………………………………
i. I (call) you as soon as we (sign) the contract……………………………………………………
j. I (phone) Mary when we (get) to San Francisco…………………………………………………
k. After I (visit) the hospital, I (go) and see her parents……………………………………………
l. She (do) her homework before she (go) out……………………………………………………...
m. I (send) you a postcard when I (get) to Bermuda……………………………………………….
n. As soon as they (phone) me, I (contact) you……………………………………………………
o. I (not send) the parcel until I (hear) from you…………………………………………………...
p. When I (talk) to him,I (give) you the news………………………………………………………
5. Write the verbs below as future simple or future continuous. If two answers are possible, write the one you think is best for the sentence. Daţi forma corectă a verbelor din propoziţiile următoare, alegând viitorul perfect simplu, sau viitorul perfect compus. Dacă sunt posibile două răspunsuri, daţi-l pe ce mai potrivit:
a. They’ll probably be hungry, because they…won’t have eaten…….(not eat).
b. I’ll be tired tonight because I…I’ll have been working…all day (work).
c. I……………….. the entire committee by the time I leave England.(meet).
d. I…………………. for seven years when I get my degree.(study).
e. We………………………here for six months by the time they find us a new flat.(live).
f. I…………………………for forty-five years by 2005.(work).
g. They…………………………in the cold for six hours by the time we pick them up.(stand).
h. Another million people…………………………..unemployed by this time next year.(become).
i. She……………………..Prime Minister for ten years by next year.(be)
j. They……………………………..for two hours by twelve o’clock(play).

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

Rețineți: Numai membrii acestui blog pot posta comentarii.